Feel sorry for my child

I have a 28 months old. He is still not talking yet and only makes eh eh sound with pointing finger or sometimes blabbing. At most he only says few words when forced to talk. Even if tempt him with his fav food, sometimes he also refuse to talk. Since young he is not afraid of thunder or dogs but he is afraid of toys that move on their own or toys with loud sounds. So we have a robot vaccum at home to which he used to be ok but we stopped using the vaccum until recently and just tonight, the vaccum was accidentally activated by my husband standing near it and it moved and scared the shit out of my LO. Husband and me were in a quite pek cek conversation. Then husband angrily says to my LO u see the vaccum since baby now still afraid, afraid wad afraid wad? N my husband flare up kick my LO toys all over and LO cried even louder. (We were at the play area and vaccum charging is there too.) I scolded my husband on the spot is it my LO fault that he is afraid of the vaccum? Why must u kick his toys all over?? I am very puzzled and upset by my husband actions as usually he is a loving father yet also the discipline master. I cannot forgive my husband for treating my poor baby like this just now even though he usually takes good care of him. With his this type of temper and our 2nd one is coming, I dread to think what the future will be like. #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My LO is 34 months and also cannot speak much words just a few here and there. Most of the time babbling. He also used to be afraid of those moving toys but now a bit more receptive. Perhaps your husband is overwhelmed too that your son can’t talk but he doesn’t know what to do? Maybe he had some problems at work as well? Let your husband know how you feel? Since you said he’s a loving father, it may just be an one-off thing. Sometimes they also feel frustrated like us.

Read more
VIP Member

Have you thought of bringing your LO to a PD to assess if he has speech delay? My LO had speech delay and early intervention really helps.

2y ago

go poly clinic to get a referral to kkh for subsidy route