baby kicks

when me and my husband first found out i was pregnant, we fought alot and he left me so many times and was emotionally abusive. so i went thru the first trimester more alone than expected. one month ago on the day of baby’s first kick (i was 16 weeks) we had a huge fight that resulted to my emotional breakdown and i’ve been so depressed eversince then. now im 20 weeks, and my husband has changed (shows). he has apologised and he has tried his best to be a better husband for the past two and a half week. and i’ve forgiven him but it still hurts. anyways, we realised that whenever he touches my stomach when baby is kicking, baby will stop kicking. and it only happens with him. whenever i touch or my sister touches or even my brother, he will kick as though in excitement. but the moment my husband touches, he will stop. my husband has yet to feel his first kick. is it normal that the baby doesnt kick when their father touches? my husband is thinking that baby is emotionally hurt by his past actions but i dont know (i wish i could ask the baby hahaha) any ideas?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same here, throughout my pregnancy my husband was mentally abusive. We always fought about money he had gambling habits. It seems my baby could feel my distress. Once he was lying beside me, i was about 8 months pregnant, when he touch my tummy and said baby...the baby kicked him so hard i felt like the baby going to tear my tummy open. Ppl usually say that our baby can feel the emotions of the mum. Just take care of urself n ur baby.

Read more

I’m not sure if it’s a daddy thing or what but my bb also stops moving once I ask my husband to touch/see my tummy. Once he turn his head over she starts moving again 😂 She did gave him a good kick to the face when he tried to hear her for the first time tho. He only managed to catch her around week 23 when her movements are slightly more obvious ( he first started touching at around week 21+)

Read more
Super Mum

I have no idea about baby’s not kicking when your hubby touches but I wanted to reach out to your with regards to your relationship with your husband. Please continue to monitor and nurture your relationship because if he reverts, it’s will get worse after baby is born. I hope he is not in an abusive cycle. Consider couples therapy/marriage counseling?

Read more
VIP Member

my relationship with hubby is good but baby always stopped kicking too whenever he wanted to touch and started kicking again when he turned away 😂 no idea why.. the moment baby was borned, he turned his head then skipped eye contact with my husband, glanced over the nurses and looked at me as if like he can see me

Read more
VIP Member

I’m more concern about your marriage & mental stability than the kicking. To know that your baby is kicking proved that your baby is healthy. 😉 But do consider marriage counselling. It’s good for the long run.. especially before the baby’s arrival.

VIP Member

Im not very definitive that its cos of your hubs actions thats why baby is ‘afraid’ of your hubs. But baby can definitely feel mummy’s feelings and feel sad/hurt/nervous whenver mummy feels that way