Hi... I have a 23 months old baby in laws not very supportive... So even today I declined a job offer cos no one to take care of my baby... I am post graduate in English Litt has almost 7yrs of working experience.. writing is my passion, I did many editorial work.. before my marriage I had been very independent and now I want to do something.. I have visited many sites of freelance but I can't get help... Please can anyone of suggest me any good site or idea about how to work from home and earn... Please.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I'm a freelancer with 4 jobs, and I've also done blogging for a bit - so I guess I could help in one way or another? First of all, freelance jobs aren't something that people really advertise on, so you would probably have to seek them out yourself. If you don't have a blog/anywhere to showcase your work, it'll be good to keep some copies to show potential employers what you can do! Having said that, I feel that it's a lot better for you to decide what kind of writing you want to do before looking for opportunities - and you'd need to find the right employers who would be understanding of your situation too. My advice would be to STAY AWAY from anything you don't want to associate yourself with, or anything that isn't your passion/interest - while it can bring you income, you'd probably kill yourself internally doing it. Freelancers seem to have the freedom of time and money, but do note that salary is likely to get delayed too because you're at the bottom of the work chain. Some take as long as till the mid of the following month to give you your salary (eg. January's salary would be credited to you in mid February) so you have to make sure you talk things through - also, freelancers usually don't have any CPF contribution because they say you are not "an official employee". You'd also want to consider how much you can commit because you can either go through the fixed rate or pay-by-project route - so it's a difference between figuring out your finances of earning $___/month and $___/article written :)

Read more

Hi, I suggest, why don't you put your baby in a good daycare and pick up a job. Even I had the same problem but when my baby was one and a half years old, I got a very good job offer. I, then put my baby in a daycare and took up that job. Soon, my baby adjusted well in the daycare and I could continue with my job without the help and support of anyone in the family. If you were doing editing work, you can look for jobs in oDesk, Elance, Craigslist, Guru, Peopleperhour etc. Here's a link from where you can make a good pick for yourself. Try applying for freelance editing and writing in magazines. They have jobs for contributors as well. https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/245953

Read more

Hi, instead of going to sites such as Sheroes and Indeed, which say they have great opportunities for work from home, i would say you either go to some really good professional sites such as LinkedIn, or contact websites directly. most of the job suggestions you get at Sheroes and Indeed are really useless, and don't match your criteria. i have wasted a lot of time there. Instead, LinkedIn gets you instant access to many professionals directly, and so do the sites. Why not create your work portfolio and start sharing it?

Read more

there are a host of job sites today that offer the options of going for jobs that are based out of home. update your CV smartly and upload it, so that your profile stands out and recruiters know that even if you are working from home, you will be dedicated enough to follow deadlines.

check upwork and create your profile its the same with jobstreet or linked in but UPWORK jobs are related more to virtual or online jobs. hope you can find work from home jobs.

Even i need help on the same lines. My first novel is about to come out and my in laws are insisting i leave my job. I want ideas on how to do freelance work..

i am not really sure about the other sites but i would suggest you do upload your CV on linkedin and create a strong network with various professionals.

I'm a full time mom and managed to work from home and find freelance job here http://DoPartTimeJob.com/?user=1799545.

hey u can try out site sheroes.com its speacially for women freelancers. u ll get job easily there

8y ago

your welcome