Hives 5 months post partum

Hi guys. It has been 5+ months since I gave birth. I am having a very severe case of Hives. I have seen 6 doctors (including Skin Centre) and they have ruled it out as DUE TO STRESS. I am caring for my 5+ month old son on my own while I work from home during office hours. It has been over a month since I am having these hives and some days, it is really really bad. I am desperate to find a solution. Any of you guys have encountered this and how did you guys get cured? It is easy to say don't be stressed but if I had more help, I wouldn't have to but it is not an option now. I have even resigned my job and serving notice period now so that I will be less stressed up with hopes that the hives go away. 3 months post partum, my grandmother who I am VERY VERY close with passed away too. I feel like my life is a mess and emotionally i can't cope. I do not know what else I can do to help myself.

Hives 5 months post partum
3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi dear, you do sound like you’re having an emotionally stressful time.. juggling work and taking care of baby too. Can someone help you? With baby care.. Sleep naturally produces antihistamines, but if you’re not sleeping well, you’ll be more sensitive and be itching a lot more. Of course, please take the medicines given by the doctors. There are some anti-itch creams you may consider applying, or calamine lotion, which is also safe if you’re carrying baby. Lastly, I had very sensitive skin with rashes too within the first year of giving birth. I became more sensitive to dust/dustmites, etc, within my house. So cleaning my house more and using some anti-dustmite household products did help. Hope you get better soon!

Read more

Since your problem doesn't revolve, you may want to consider to consult TCM. Usually such situation is due to body weak, stress, food, environment etc. Please tell the physician you just gave birth several months ago and if you are breastfeeding. Do note that TCM treatment will takes a while to see the effect. Take care.

Read more
Super Mum

It's quite strange that the doctors you went to didn't offer any treatment! Whatever the reason might be, there are ways to manage the symptoms so you feel more comfortable. I think for your case antihistamine would help. Try getting it at Guardian and see if it helps? You can look for Zyrtec brand.