I hate my maid. I really can't stand her. She is always on her handphone and like to talk back to me. She will reply things like, sorry but this is not my job (i had a headache and ask her to massage my head), then during off day she refuse to help look after baby when she is back from her off day. she is Filipino. How to train her to behave herself?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ermm yeah I agree with most of the contributors here. Why does she need to massage you? Don't think that's part of her job scope. And her day off is her day off. Sorry to say but maybe the reason she's acting out is due to your unwarranted demands? I'm not saying she is not in the wrong but maybe you have some part in it? But you are her employer and it's your home so if she makes you that unhappy, then request for a change of helper. (And the term maid, in my opinion, is so archaic. Helper is a more pc term.)

Read more
8y ago

I am confused - A maid is a maid. Why must we be PC when calling her maid. What's wrong with the term maid? Anyway I agree this poster seems a little unreasonable to ask for massage - but dont see anything wrong with calling her a maid. It's like not calling staff the term staff.