I hate my maid. I really can't stand her. She is always on her handphone and like to talk back to me. She will reply things like, sorry but this is not my job (i had a headache and ask her to massage my head), then during off day she refuse to help look after baby when she is back from her off day. she is Filipino. How to train her to behave herself?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sorry but I just feel the need to reply on this post. I was a domestic helper back in Hongkong with a single woman with two kids. I am now happily married to a very kind and responsible loving husband and excited to be pregnanct for the first time I wanna make a comment on the helpers point of view. Their house is so little that if the kids are playing toys and mess are everywhere, and when its time for cleaning up I need to hurry coz they still need to do other extra learning outside the house and Ill bring them here and there so its exhausting. I dont complain to my boss cos she wont complain to me either. They treat me like their own family member that whenever Im tired they let me rest even take naps, we all go see movies in the cinemas and eat out or go have fun with them in funplaces like disneyland or parks, my employer lets me express myself with respect from each other. I treat them as my family members too like if they need help in other things aside from being a nanny and all around housekeeper. Id be a substitue parent with their kids to school kids activities even braid her hair, color hair hair even helping her boyfriend doing carpentry in their projects. Im a Filipino and all I can say is we are not bad as u think we are. Ur helper maybe wanting u to treat her good and she will serve you better. try to tell her to rest when she is tired but make sure she will get done her chores and ask her in your favor then maybe thats the start of having a better boss and enployer relationship

Read more