Can i give HL Milk to my 1 yo? Is it safe? Or what other brands is better?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes babies and toddlers should go for full fats milk and dairy products. They don't need to be dieting. But on second thoughts I will prefer to give them milk formula rather than pasteurized milk like HL although once a while may be fine. Make sure the milk is not too cold when you give him as it is not good for babies to take such cold drinks

Read more

HL is not suitable full cream milk such as Green Fields or Farmhouse, you can try Pauls as well. Just piur it in the bottle and reheat. Otherwise purchase fresh goats milk from Hay Diaries. They can be bought at Prime Supermarket or be delivered to your place.

I Tink HL added vanilla flavoring.. Get milk tat states FULL CREAM MILK.. Warm without using microwave if possible.. If you have warmer, can use it or warm it in a cup of slightly warmer/hotter water :)

Not suitable for HL. Wld recommend fresh milk states 100% milk or convenience packaging type (UHT) marigold 100% milk (look at the ingredients list). Without those milk solids/flavor adding.

VIP Member

You can give LO full cream milk after 1yo, am giving Farmhouse :) You can warm up if you want to, same thing as BM - just put the bottle in a cup of warm water!

Give full cream milk .. hl is Low fat . Under 2yrs old it is not recommended to give Low fat milk to the LO unless under dr's advice

Any brand name to recommend? Do i serve it on room temperature or warm? Can i heat up in microwave?

8y ago

how do u normally steam the milk?

VIP Member

go for full cream fresh milk, toddlers are still growing, low fat milk is not suitable.

HL not suitable. They have been recalled too by the authorities

VIP Member

full cream will be better. try uht?