I Want To Try To Conceive But I Am Scared Of The Pain

I am getting married soon and I want to try to have baby but have very low pain tolerance and even the thought of epidurals scares me.. I don't know what to do? I think I want to adopt but my fiance and his family will be very sad. Help please

26 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

There are multiple methods of pain control during labour and even during your recovery after giving birth. You can attend pregnancy seminars, which often talk about pain control methods during labour. But at the end of the day, pregnancy is a sacrifice mothers make, and it's best that you truly want to go through pregnancy. Have good discussions with your fiance on your worries, and make sure he's going to be there to support you every step of the way if both of you decide to try to get pregnant. A husband's support throughout pregnancy and labour and even taking care of the baby makes a huge difference :) and you'll forget about some of the pain too!

Read more

I am also scared of the pain at first and asked for c section. But after that the doctor told me c section needs longer recovery time and actually will hurt even more cause the opening is much bigger compared to natural. So but after that I was like okay natural i will bear with the pain. Then the pain was miserable I was so stupid to bear until it was 6 cm open. If u wan to have very low pain tolerance you can actually ask before it starts opening that much I bet u wont feel that pain. But afterall, mother is the greatest. The moment u see his smile and his first cry. When u think back u will feel worth it. Support you to have your own baby♥️

Read more
5y ago

When the pain comes u wont feel about the needle anymore. 'You just be like please faster inject me'😂😂😂

Don’t worry too much, pregnancy journey will change your attitude, your life experience, all it come to a great ways, you love yourself more and your child. I have same fear and freak out of everything ... but end of the day, it made me happy than anything in this world. Stay positive and be brave !! Mother instinct is amazing !!

Read more

I same as you. At first I pregnant, due date coming nearer I so afraid who knows early than I expected (water bag burst) . I'm so worried, I already start thinking of c sect, but nurse encouraged me to natural birth. My pain tolerance also very low, so I took epidural. After LO come out everything is worth.

Read more
5y ago

I just hope I can be sedated during the administration of epi cos for my wisdom tooth t surgery, I went for sedation and went to sleep.

i too was terrified of birthing process! my friend had vaginal birth without epi and she said was very painful! which frighten me even more!!! but when time came, i just opt for epi and i could not feel a thing I swear! epi wise just feel like normal injection very fast cannot feel anything already.

Read more
5y ago

Wow I really salute for all mom's out there, because I am really scared of the needles and I can feel everything even when I get those flu shots.

TapFluencer

I'm one who is very scared of pain also, especially needles and pokes that really scares me. Both of my birth are csect which is painful, but the thought of seeing the baby come out fine and healthy is all worth it. Go for it.

Super Mum

Don't scare yourself too much. It is really not as bad as you imagine. You may eatch tv ir mivie they are like screaming and all, but in reality, it's different. And congratulations to you upcoming wedding!

No i did not asked for epidural. I just faced the pain all by myself😁. You can do that. Just believe that you can do. Believe me. Even just small cuts on my finger i cannot move all day. Low pain tolerance

5y ago

How did you do it? Without epi? Like how about the stitching part and contractions

VIP Member

Don’t worry. I have a very low tolerance of pain too. But I going to have my second one. The most important is to have faith and I believe you can go through with the support from your hubby and families

VIP Member

Please believe that all women has pain tolerance instinct when come to giving birth 😄 (or just choose to have epidural) everything will be so well worth when you see your little bundle of joy ❤️