I gave birth 6 months ago and am breastfeeding. does any of these contribute to me having no sex drive at all? is it hormones or just me?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's mother nature that after a baby is born, a mother makes sure everything is geared towards baby’s survival. Hormones are working beautifully to make sure milk is feeding your baby – as well as preventing a pregnancy too soon. However,these hormones are not pro-libido. The reason is also why it may also be experiencing vaginal dryness. Vaginal dryness can make sex uncomfortable, painful and can even do some damage. http://www.bellybelly.com.au/men/why-doesnt-she-want-to-have-sex-with-me-after-the-baby/

Read more

Aside from the dryness, there are also the fears of having another baby again right away (especially for first time moms) and of pain (especially for normal delivery). There's also exhaustion from taking care of the baby and the general lack of sleep. I've found that on bad sleep days, I can't even get excited about ANYTHING (not even ice cream or a great movie).

Read more

Me too. Well, think highly it's cos you are tired taking care of yr kids. Also, for some, they have foebia about having another so soon. There are many other factors that may lead to such. You are not alone. Don't worry about it. This is quite common after delivery. Some people takes up to even a year before resuming their sex life.

Read more

Lol... It's tiring enough to work and come home still have to look after baby and worse if they don't sleep through the night. Add on if you have ANOTHER toddler who also demands your attention when you are back, a little bit of housework, who has the mood to have sex?!?! Give me a good night sleep over sex anytime... :p

Read more

well it is normal I guess? it is like baby is more of the priority.. if you realise it sometime it might be good to relax down alittle. Maybe your husband might also be feeling the stress. it always takes two hands to clap :)

this means I'm normal then. thank u jasmine! really appreciate the article