Flying with a 9m old

I will be flying to Taipei with my 9m son soon. Anything I should prepare or take note of? Many thanks.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Check if your airline has baby bassinets so baby can rest there during the flight. Please ensure you have all precaution medication for fever, thermometer, fever gel patch, Olbas oil for baby should baby have sniffles, plus your usual bag of nap pies, nappy cream, etc. Pack your milk power and give baby milk to drink during take off and landing to help with air pressure on his ears. Make sure you use mineral or distilled water abroad to make his milk. Pack portable sterilisers for the bottles too

Read more
VIP Member

Make sure you pack medicines, thermometer and extra formula milk in case you are still breastfeeding. On flight, bring a pacifier, and extra change of clothes Enjoy your trip! TAke out lots of photos

Read more
VIP Member

When plane take off & landing - prepare to let your LO suck on pacifier or let him drink milk or water. This will help him neutralize with the pressure change.

VIP Member

Give some water or milk while flight take on n off it helps baby from blocking air in their ears .. mostly kids cry for tht ear pain , it’s really painful..

Don’t let your Son take nap for hours before the flight! Tire him out so he can sleep on the plane And also to feed him milk when plane takes off and land

TapFluencer

Everything the mummies have mentioned. Don't forget your baby's favourite toys for entertainment and a couple of changes of clothes for the flight

Toys to keep your baby busy, and also water / milk / biscuits for take off and landing to counter air pressure changes!

VIP Member

Everything that has been mentioned here! Plus a book wth lots of pictures and small pillow for comfort(: Safe travels!

VIP Member

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/tips-for-flying-with-a-toddler

Super Mum

Make sure u know how to locate for paediatrics clinic in case u need them