I'm intending to bring my LO for a swim at normal swimming pool. Is there anything I should take note? She will be 4 months old next month. What type of swimming diaper should I get?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hmm.. it is advised to introduce your baby into a usual swimming pool after 6 months old. That being said, I've heard of mummies bringing their little ones to a pool from as young as 4 months old. :) To prepare your baby for swimming, you can first try submerging your baby’s body in a tub at home while supporting his/her head. This is to get them comfortable with being submerged with their faces out of the water. Here are some things to note if you are bringing a young baby for swimming: - ensure that your baby could be kept warm in the water (e.g., choosing a heated pool) - avoid pools with a lot of chemicals (if you could smell chlorine when you enter the pool area, it is likely too strong for your baby) - prepare swim diapers - hold your baby securely underneath the arms while in the water - keep the session short (around 10-15mins)

Read more

I brought my Lo when she is 4mth+. Was initially worried about her skin having reaction to the chlorine water and if she drinks etc but it turns out fine. We bring her weekly to the condo Swimming pool. She loves it. The advice is to get a baby float and either a swim suit or Swimming diaper (that would not absorb water in the pool); also Rem your towels so that your lo don't get a cold. FYI we use goon swim diapers but you can get the reuseable ones. We didn't want her to catch cold so got her a swimsuit instead.

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

I actually started around 4 months. But I started in the baby pool and got floats and made sure I was holding her up the full time. For swim diapers I use Huggies swim diaper and a swim suit on top

Post reply image