12 Replies

Hey mommy. Like what the other mommies say... moderation is key. And to add another key piece of advice if you believe in TCM... my 8mo baby was previously unwell n coughing badly. Physician reminded me NOT to take any cold drinks coz it is not good for the breastmilk. I believe it coz I was always taking cold drinks back then and my daughter's cough was recurring. After that impt piece of advice, I stopped cold drinks when she was unwell. Since then, she is much better. I do see the correlation personally. So if all's well w your lo, then yup.. why not treat yourself to a glass of cold grass jelly? (anyway we mommies had to forgo tt during pregnancy coz tt was way too cooling, right?!) but if lo is prone to cold n coughs, and if u believe in tcm.. then take my word and avoid it for the timebeing. cheers,

Yeah, with moderation why not. I ate ice kacang and everything else hot spicy, oily, fried, raw. Main key point you can eat anything in moderation.

Heard from a mum whom bf for 5 years say grass jelly is a milk killer... cause very liang... not sure if it's true.. but I rather not risk. Heh..

VIP Member

I don't see why not. Generally, there aren't a lot of foods that you need to avoid while bf, unless your baby is sensitive to them.

Yeah, ofcourse you can have grass jelly in moderation during bf. Even having jams is not an issue.

thanks