Will cold drinks cause baby to have asthma/prone to cold or flu

Mummies, is it true that my baby will get asthma or will be prone to catching cold and flu IF i constantly 1) drink cold water 2) eat grass jelly and cold soya bean? I am asking this cos an aunty me I cannot drink cold drinks if not my baby will be born with vulnerabilities to cold and flu. BUT you know the weather is CRAZY HOT and I can’t help it but drink cold soya bean with grass jelly & cold water. I move a lot as a teacher & I reach out for cold stuff to calm & cool me down. Some of my mummy friends said it is based on the level of “pantang”. i want to know based on your experience cos my mother has not warned abt this when usually she tells me to cut down sugary stuff and keep healthy by doing exercise. So now i need advice as my mom nvr mention anything abt this yet. She has 4 children including me & 4 grandkids so I usually turn to her for advice but this time don’t have from her for this specific cold drink topic.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not at all! I drank cold water and even had both grass jelly & cold soyabean. My kids are all fine, none with asthma. Cold and flu also very rarely. Do ask your gynae who knows better medically then the elderly. Theirs are really more to pantang, nothing more. Poor mummies to be, always seems so scared to langgar their pantang. Our weather is already super humid. But true to what your mother said, cut down the sugar. You won't want gestational diabetes. Other than that is just pantang. Eat and drink whatever you want, hot or cold but no raw or ½ cooked foods and everything in moderation.

Read more
3y ago

No problem! I also drank cold water everyday, all day. Your body is warmer when you're pregnant so it's very understandable when you want to drink all that.

yup its utter rubbish, my 1st child i only drink cold water cause i hate hot drinks, baby is coming 5yr old healthy n rarely fell sick.

3y ago

❤❤