unemployed and pregnant

i am currently so worried for the future because i am unemployed and pregnant. my husband is the only one working. even so, what he earns is just enought for both us. what more when the baby arrives. i found out i was pregnant the day i went for job interview. what are the odds, eh? 2 days after the interview i was offered the job. however i decided to tell the HR i was pregnant and was told the company do not hire pregnant women. previously, i had miscarriage. resigned and i took awhile to go back to work. now that i am ready, God grant me another baby. i just need to rant. if any mummies out there who has similar experience pls share. i need assurance that everything is going to turn out okay. my husband doesnt complain that im not working. he even assures me everyday that its okay and all he wants is for me and the baby to be healthy. but i feel so guilty for putting all the burden onto my husband :(

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

i am at the exact same spot as u are babe. basically, i had to miscarriaged too and I've stop working for 1 mth plus due to pantang and need time to recover mentally and physically. i went back to work after 1plus mths there (im self employed), but get to know that im preg after 1 week of working. Too lethagic and having bad isomnia, my hub was the one who asked me to stop working asap. after only working for 2 mths plus, i had to stop and was on bedrest till now due to preg complications as my work i have travel alot and have to carry heavy materials from 1 location to another with no own trp. my hub only earns btwn $1000-$1400 per mth , we stay in a rented hdb house with a cat. so basically his earnings only enough for the both of us as i usually pay for my cat needs. after paying of bills such as housing, both our hp bills, parents money, my monthly money and other needs we barely have enough for baby prep. we havent got anything prepared,only bby clothes that we could afford for now. yes, i do get worried but i believe that everything will turn out fine and me and hub been winning vouchers and freebies lately, and it really helps with my baby preps! and even my parents in law are receiving wealth from diff platform (cpf etc), and they are showering us with all sorts of baby gifts! and now even hub gets a raised! n old saying say, baby will bring u livelihood, income, subsistence, sustenance, food, nourishment, good fortune

Read more