Food or drinks to help with nausea/vomiting. Poor appetite in the first trimester.

I am currently 8 weeks. Almost everyday I have a combination of headache, nausea and vomiting. Some days it really gets to me and I feel defeated. I am trying to do a list of food/drinks that can help me combat nausea or ideas of meals I can eat, my appetite is really poor. I also have this bitter taste in my tongue which makes drinking plain water/eating a task. Would appreciate any advice and tips on what works for you. May I also check if I can take panadol with my morning sickness pill (metoclopramide/diclectin) on days I have both a headache and nausea?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would suggest avoid having heavy meal and try to have smaller meal frequently. Avoid dairy! Itll make you want to puke even more. Can try drinking 100plus, or if you want to drink water can try squeeze some lemon or drink diluted ribena. I frgt what i ate during 1st trim bt i remember eating normally but very very very little. And yes you can eat paracetamol with other medicine. Hang in there ! Mid 2nd trimester youll get your appetite and energy back! Try to rest alot for now.

Read more