feeling lonely after giving birth

Since giving birth, I don't know why I often feel lonely. It's like... many people don't understand the new sides of me that have emerged. Outwardly, I still laugh, can chat, maybe seem just fine. But deep down... I feel alone in facing all of this. The transition from being a wife to being a mother. It feels really strange to me. My priorities have changed. I become lazy to meet friends and prefer to play with my child. I know it's my choice. But still, it feels lonely... anyone ever felt the same way? how do you cope with it?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi mummy! im on the same boat as you and sadly havent found a solution for this loneliness ive been feeling— i gave birth quite young and lost touch with most friends who have TOTALLY different paths/priorities. my husband is the only person i talk to, barely text anyone anymore and really wish i had mum friends like everyone suggested :( if it’s ok w u, i’d love to be your mum friend and talk about everything regarding motherhood, parenting, or if you need to vent our MIL hell stories. i’ll be all ears :))

Read more
VIP Member

Find another mummy buddy! I think it helps to be close to someone going through the same phase in life. I wish i have a friend with a baby so we can talk the same topics and organize events according to baby sleep schedule and worry about their feeds kind. I stay at home and im super lonely with no breaks and no adult conversation. So look at me answering on this forum haha

Read more

I have not given birth but soon, and already feeling lonely during pregnancy 😞 same as you, felt like many people don’t understand the new transition I am currently facing. Let’s jia you and be strong! I guess I can only tell myself that it’s okay, this too shall pass and be strong for our little family!

Read more

if you've friends who are mothers too, talk to them whenever you're feeling low. they are the most relatable ones. don't worry, as time goes by and you start getting back to usual routines, you'll feel better. chin up;)

Find another mummy friend, where you can talk to on everything under the sky. Have some space/ personal time to yourself as well. It can be as simple as meeting friends over dinner. 😊

I have alot of mummy friends to talk s*** about hubby and MIL to 😛😛😛 i love meeting them to talk s*** also. But yes its a lonely journey!!! Find your bestiessssss

Yup. 8m pp still feel the same. Whenever my friend arrange meetup i lazy i dont even have the energy. Weekdays work weekends stay home like no more life.

For me i read encouraging and positive quotes or posts abt motherhood on ig! That’s my true friend i guess. I dreaded going out so i self heal.

Post reply image

It's normal! Surround urself w mommy friends, they will understand

You need mom friends who are sharing the same journey.