2 Replies

Don't worry. It is quite common behavior but u need to figure out what is the cause behind it. I listed a few possibilities: 1) milk strike - baby refuses to drink, drinks little, can be calm - some parents resort to force feeding which is a long and tiring process or just smaller quantities at higher frequencies 2) teething - since ur baby is putting hands into mouth - this could be a longer phase - give cool tethers and can also put teething gel on the gums to numb the gums especially before feed - can buy any brand over the counter 3) teat issue - the teat is too slow for baby - consider changing the teat and see if baby will drink more - they may just suddenly want a bigger teat and feel angry abt the milk not coming fast enough 4) a combination of the above 5) check and see if baby have ulcers in the mouth (lips/throat) Hopefully u can solve the mystery soon :) if purely milk strike - then just have to wait it out

thanks for sharing.. so usually milk strike for how long ?

My daughter did go through a period of milk strike. Her lowest intake was around 450ml. What I did was try to feed her while she was asleep. Occasionally she will reject the bottle, but I will keep wiggling the bottle in her mouth until she drinks. Another method you can try is using a syringe to feed. Please remember to monitor her diapers and ensure she is not dehydrated. Hope this phase goes away soon!

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles