10 Replies

Hey there! I totally understand where you're coming from. It can be tough to stick to just ginger tea and red dates tea, especially when you're craving plain water. During my own confinement period, I also faced some resistance when I wanted to drink plain water. But after doing some research and talking to my doctor, I found out that it's actually okay to drink plain water during confinement. It's important to stay hydrated, especially when you're breastfeeding. One solution that worked for me was to compromise with my family members. I would still drink the traditional confinement teas, but I also made sure to have a bottle of plain water with me at all times. This way, I could stay hydrated without completely going against their beliefs. It's important to listen to your body and do what feels right for you. If you're feeling really uncomfortable without plain water, maybe try having an open and honest conversation with your family about it. Education and understanding can go a long way in situations like this. I hope this helps, and remember that you're not alone in this! Hang in there, mama. https://invl.io/cll6she

Studies states that if you are breastfeeding, you will need to drink at least 2-3 litres of fluid everyday. Please drink up if you need to. Just make sure it’s balanced. Not too much of plain water. You can have a variety of drinks if you doesn’t like 100% red date tea. Example: Red Date with longan tea, Lemongrass tea, lactation milk, warm milk, oat milk, soup, etc. Just make sure that your plain water intake doesn’t exceeds your other fluid intake.

what... how!!! i was super thirsty during my confinement and i usually drink it like....thrice a day per bottle top up?? i also drank red date tea in between but i cannot go on without plain water man i tell you it hits differently even in room temperature..... just don't gulp down in one whole session. drink little by little and try to sit when you drink.

I think you should drink water. one of my colleagues did not under her mom's advice, and she developed rashes because her body was too heaty. please drink water, even if you secretly have to

thank you 🥲

Omg please drink water!!! Even my mom told me not to drink water but I had a fking UTI because I wasn’t drinking enough!!!!

Hello Sis! Do drink plain water! The myth of drinking plain water causes water retention may not be true. because I lost 15kg and back to my usual weight. I became constipated when drinking red dates tea only

I drank water as my tongue was coated too much with red dates tea. Esp drinking it more when u need to pump too

I drink a mixture of water n red dates tea. The tea is too heaty for me that I am breaking out on my face.

I started to drink a mixture of warm water and red dates tea. Felt so much better now 🫠

Sorry i only drink plain water and plain water only. Red date can cause NNJ.

I still drink some plain water especially after night feedings.

I DRANK GALLONS OF WATER. Dont listen to them 😅

Trending Questions