Any good "food replacements"? At week 7 to 8

I believe most of us going through first trimester have nausea hitting us really hard. Anyone have suggestions for any form of "meal replacements"? I totally lost my appetite starting a week plus ago and surviving on just Nestum or Milo. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sammmeeee!! When the nauseous kicks in, I could barely stomach anything. I survived on water, and waffle most of the time (usually 1 waffle a day), and fruits. I couldnā€™t even take milk cos I felt nausea after taking a sip. Having small meals is tough for the start, and even eating crackers were too dry, so itā€™s key to stay hydrated. Also, if you could start tracking the times when u would start to get a little hungry, itā€™ll be good to start eating bit by bit, cos eating only when u r really hungry will make u feel bloated later on, and worsens the nauseous afterwards.

Read more

I think the nausea is terrible when we get hungry, I typically snack on Meiji crackers (blue box) every 2hours and it has been a life saver. I couldn't take anything with milk so plain water with some lemon helps to keep the liquids in. Also, axe oil rubbed on my nose to kill the queasy feeling helped to keep the nausea at bay. hope this helps :) you are doing great

Read more
2y ago

yes agree. nausea is worse when hungry or too full. so breaking one meal into a few bites every other hour worked well for me.

There was a time even standing and walking made me sick and I couldn't even take milo. I realised the dry stuff worked best for me. So I just had froot loops dry and bonjour butterscotch bread (cos there's some sweetness) and ate alot of fruits for almost 2 weeks. It gets better so hang in there!

My Dr recommend me to take meal replacement milk shake / powder. It helps me a little by having feeling the fullness and getting some nutrients.

I eat a small portion of koko krunch every 2-3hrs! Helps alot. Also schweppeā€™s ginger ale helps to keep rice veggies down

Iā€™m like you šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢. Iā€™m surviving on HL milk and plain bread. Lost weight too. Hang on there šŸ«¶šŸ¼

I try to eat plain food like beehoon, porridge, soup in small portions. Or snacks like puffs, waffles. :)