Bad Nausea at week 9

I am in my week 9 now and am having very bad nausea and vomitting. Facing a hard time trying to eat as I am vomitting all my food 😔 Surviving the whole day with just water. Anyone else feel the same and what food works well for you?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same~ Try drinking fluids such as coconut water, lemon water or 100 plus if u cannot down water. If you are okay with coke, think can drink that too! (Just not too much or you'll get other issues) For first trimester my doctor say not eating anything is not going to affect your baby too much. Many mothers actually lose weight at this point in pregnancy due to loss of appetite but end up with healthy babies. But dehydration is bad though, so drink lots of fluids. If it gets really bad, get diclectin from the doctor to suppress the nausea a bit. You can try eating carbs with less taste - such as those plain crackers, or bread. Can try waffles if you can take it. I survived on apples, oranges, grapes, mini cornettos and mochi icecream from don don don ki. These are small and easy to eat, especially ice cream. If you can't take dairy, you can try soya bean or soy bean curd. Sometimes I eat dark chocolate and almond nuts. Beryl's has very nice ones.

Read more

Same I could hardly eat too! Either i vomit air or vomit all the food out, I read some feedbacks from other mom apple slice helps. I tried apple slice so far it works. You can give it a try

yes it’s very common at the start.. i couldn’t even drink water cos it tasted so disgusting. high calorie, salty and oily food worked for me 😅😅

12mo ago

wah! i tried having nasi lemak and it dont work well for me.. but I am craving for it 😅

For me I crave soupy and non oily food when I had nausea so it depends on you! Like I crave congee and soup 😂