Should I keep my pregnancy or abort it? It was unplanned

My husband wants a divorce if I refuse to abort the baby. It was an unplanned pregnancy..this is the second child I will be having.what shall I do? I intend to give up for adoption..even I divorce him, I don't think I can handle 2 kids if I am going to work and take care of them at the same time..the whole household is all on me..now..what shall I do? I do not even have any support network at all..not even my own parents .

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi mummy. im sorry to hear this. honestly from what i read, he's being irresponsible and unreasonable. how can he force you to have sex if not divorce, and when pregnancy arise, also divorce? thats totally crap. im sorry to say this abt your husband. if he keeps bringing up abt divorce, he dont think abt the marriage and trying find such crap to use against you. ofc its gonna ne tough for you as you have to work, take care of your #1 and house matters. it takes a toll on your psychological, mentally, physically. but one day, you gonna think back and realise how strong you are at this period of time where you thought everything is downhill. i wont recomment adoption as you gonna carry the baby for 9months and giving away isnt easy. it will make your mental and psychologically worse. i have friends who put their kids in adoption bc single mum/financially unstable /issue same like you. all of them wished they didnt give those innocent babies away. there are couples who want kids, but still unable to. i myself also an unplanned pregnancy, live away from family due to abuse and rape,no support. i hv depression with suicidal ideation, and it has never been easy. im still a FT student in poly, working PT till my third tri. my bf is only a a food delivery rider. definitely financially unstable. we staying in a rental room and now i just delivered. imagine how difficult it is for us to survive and now with a baby. however, never once did we came across to abort or put to adoption. even if my bf and i gonna break things off, its still not my option. im still gonna take good care of her no matter how hard it is gonna be bc i believe good things happen to people who believe and wait. honestly i feel that my baby help me to cope my depression better as i want the best for her so imma be the best for her. yes, with him divorcing you bc you keeping the baby, its gonna be a rough patch for you. but 1. why stay with someone who are not willing to go thru everything with you? 2.are you really ok to abort/give up for adoption the baby and live with him being like that? how does that help with your psychological and physical aspects? will your psychological aspects improves? 3. do you think aborting/adoption the baby will make your marriage relationship better? 4. are you brave enough to see your baby taken away by other couple? 5.are you ready to watch how abortion works? as you know, first few weeks of abortion of pregnancy can be done with pills and you might see it in your own toilet bowl? if after a certain timeframe, pills cannot be use, they have you kill the baby while still inside you using some instruments before extracting it out? are you ready for all that? im sorry if i sounded harsh in my comment. broaden your mind and think rationally. don't rush in your decisions. take care mummy. in the meantime, go for appointments, eat prenatal vitamins, eat healthily and etc. ♥️

Read more

Yes, you are right, my husband indeed would ask for a divorce if I refuse sex too..but if I don't give up for adoption, I do not think I can sustain long for my mentality n emotional state is too weak to handle that when you totally left alone with no support network at all..can you imagine that? When you think you are not even allowed for a mental breakdown even physically n mentally as Well as emotionally is giving you signs that u shd take a break..but who is to back you up when you are totally alone by myself? Living by yourself with your young toddler and with your second pregnancy? This heartless person left you for the second time..this time with a big blow that really knocked my senses out completely, that I saw this person real s*** inside him..I just blame myself for not being decisive enough to leave him once and for all at the right time..this time round, I really sabotaged my own life. If only pregnancy complications can kill me..

Read more

My partner and i had an argument everyday when we first found out that i was pregnant,worst still we are not married and he is asking me to go for an abortion but knowing me,its hard to convince myself as there are many risk regarding abortion and i came to love this baby.I suffer a mental breakdown with me wanting to keep the baby and he wanted an abortion but with discussing with him further he is willing to take responsibility and doesnt put the blame on me only.He knows i suffer from depression and having a baby is not what we had in mind cause we don't live in the same house and he can't support me just yet when we have the baby due to not being married.He works a full time while i just got terminated from my job and all my dreams had shattered but babies are blessings.Abortion is not the number 1 solution honestly.With great help i'm sure you can do it.

Read more

Momsy, are you coping? Have issues been resolved with your husband who really sickens the gut because he literally asks for an abortion, and did you actually abort the child already? Echoing the feelings of many here, really do think very deeply on this: the new life is innocent and deserves the light of day. You have the power of choice and also support centres suggested. Do try to reach out to kind and supportive people outside of your husband. You have two children now and you deserve to be honoured as a mother and, as you have described, you seem ready to deliver the child and not abort her/him.

Read more
VIP Member

You are in a very difficult situation now but if I am you, I would not abort the baby because it is my own flesh and blood. I would divorce my husband if he wants me to abort. I would ask for alimony, child support and ask him to spilt all his assets with me. He will be legally bound to do that for all his life even if he doesn’t have money now. You can put your children in infant care and child care while you work. There will be additional subsidies for working mothers and low income families. Seek help from your MP and family service centres if need be.

Read more

Well, having a baby is 2 way street. You and husband had sex without protection so expect of baby. I have never had abortion and of course since i never had it i would be against it. However if you and your husband think that you cant raise the baby and it will be hard for you then maybe think of other options like adoption or something else. You have to sit and talk it out real calm and nice. But threatening divorce isnt good option.

Read more

Sorry to hear that. My 2 cents worth is you should not abort because the baby has the right to see the world, is a life. If you need legal aid, you may contact Legal Aid Bureau at 1800 2255 529. It is located at 45 Maxwell Road, opposite the Maxwell Food Centre. You may also contact Family Service Centre or MSF for support and assistance. You can search FSC, which is nearest to your location, from MSF website. Jia You.

Read more
Post reply image
4y ago

fsc is useless. its a waste of time asking for help

I am sorry that you have such a husband. Will he divorce you if you refuse to have sex with him? Ask yourself if you want this baby? I know of people who insist on keeping their child though they have tons of issues (financial /no family support /underage). I don't support the idea of adoption. The guilt...love & misses you have for this baby.. Its for life.. Please think twice... The child is innocent.

Read more

I am going through the same as you. I just found out that I am expecting my 4th child - 6 weeks old. Also unexpected and my hb threatens to divorce, leave the house if i want to keep. I have the support from my kids who want the child so much. I am also at a dilemma. May i know what was your ultimate decision?

Read more
VIP Member

Dear, it is so hard to be in your situation. I don't agree that it is right for your husband to threaten you with divorce, if so I would also let him know of my rights eg custody, alimony post divorce. Being a single mom is hard, try to secure another job before you start to show and deliver