Divorcing.. Keep or abort?

I found out I'm almost 2 months pregnant while we just filed for divorce. Was a "breakup sex" gone wrong and it is too toxic to get back and have any form of connection with the father. My family is not supportive and are telling me to abort. I can't raise this child on my own eventho I love my baby dearly. But reality check, keep or abort? I am so stuck and miserable rn...

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

What's your feeling of aborting? Would you like to keep or abort? And if you are a Muslim are you legally married? If yes, for what I know not all judges will grant the divorce (pardon me if this is incorrect). Why? Because this is to avoid couple coming to court to seek for custody rights and support. Hence, it is better to do it after birth. In order to have a smooth process. On the other hand, to terminate a pregnancy legal limit would be before 20/21 weeks. Meaning latest 4 months and below. However, not all clinic does pregnancy termination. You will also go through counselling. This is to let you know what you will expect, mentally and emotionally. Why in the first place your family ain't supportive? Is it partly because of financial or just no one able to care for the little one? If you are facing difficulty as a first time mum, best to seek help from government agency that help single mum. You can also keep this pregnancy, seek medical assistance from hospital social worker, give up for adoption. If you are willing. Alternatively, if you wish to proceed with latter (terminate), be ready for it then do without hesitation and regret and never make the same mistake esp with finding companion of a lifetime and hence causing you to do something like this. End day, it is your choice to decide what's best for you and your future. Take care and all the best.

Read more

One can also consider keeping and putting up for adoption. There’s opportunities for you to see the child grow up as well.