Sharing sex life to friends

My husband just told me he shared some intimate information of our sex life to his male friend. I’m angry and upset about it. It felt like my privacy has been invaded. After telling him I’m unhappy about it, he just apologised and did not attempt to talk to me about it. Is this common between guys? How would you feel if you find out about it?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Tbh, btwn me and my close girls, we share too and not with bad intentions la. So with this in mind, I'm OK if my hb shares with his close friends. And the thing is, hb and I, we talk about it. So I know he shares with which close friends and how the convo went. However, I'm not ok if he shares with other people. Esp with bad intentions. I hv quarrelled with him bout it and he knows better now.

Read more

i'm not sure if it is common among guys but I probably wont be too happy about it. if he has to talk to someone i rather not know about it. (it is awkward). Admitted I do share some intimate information of our sex life to very close friends whom I trust, and we trust each other not to let our husbands know of our discussions.

Read more
VIP Member

While I understand you are upset about this look at the brighter side that he came up n told you about this chat, don’t wait for him to speak about this as many men are not confrontational but you should bring it up with him and tell him about how bad you feel and that he shouldn’t discuss your sex life with anyone.

Read more

Let me be the devil’s advocate here… I rather he talk about our sex life than his exes or even worse, other ppl I do not know about…. So, I think I’m fine. And ofc, I’ll talk to my gfs about our sex life too. So it’s two ways

There is no right or wrong here, but ultimately he has to respect that you are uncomfortable with his actions and not do it again because he respects you, irregardless of what other guys are doing.

Of course I want that part of life as our secret. But If he share, I wouldn’t want to know. How do I face his friend in future? And I will avoid that friend after I know he shares

I am married, i dont do this. What is in the bedroom, it is in the bedroom. It is not for the world outside.

I think it’s common for guys to chat about such things but I do not want to ever find out

Not every guy but yes some guy share personal thing that is totally unacceptable.

It would depend on who it was, why, what, and how they talked about it.