husband is a smoker.

My husband is a smoker. He is a VERY HEAVY SMOKER. But, my house is a smoking free zone. I don't allow him to smoke in the house/toilet or anywhere near my house. I'm currently 28 weeks pregnant. I tend to be more breathless when i smell smoke if he is smoking in the corridor or anywhere near the house. How do i get him to understand that the smoke can actually harm my kids and myself?

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My husband’s also a heavy smoker. I’m only thankful that he doesn’t smoke in the house or near me as I can’t take the smell of cigarette. However, no matter what I said, he wouldn’t quit...

My hub said he will quite smoking if I get pregnant. Now I'm 32w with #2 and he is still smoking. But he doesn't smoke in our presence or at home..

VIP Member

Do have a good talk with your husband and show him articles regarding smoking. It's bad for his health and affects people around him

You should have a talk about it with him. It is really unhealthy living in such an environment

He needs to quit, completely. 3rd hand smoking from his clothing etc is still harmful

VIP Member

show him the article that proves smoking is bad for u and baby

Let him know how u feel. Hope his can be more understanding

Tell him to go downstairs to smoke instead

You can tell him to stop.