Irritating To Hve Smoker Neighbour

What can I do to my neighbour who always smoke along e corridor? It is illegal to smoke along hdb corridor to be frank. Generally I am ok w smokers but shldnt they have considerate also. In addition they have kids also. If want smoke either confine themselves to their own house or go downstair smoke. Calling police or making report to town council normally is no use. They wil say talk to them but also afraid they wil take revenge. Haiz... Sickening to hve such neighbour.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

sorry ladies, report to NEA really got use? I saw in the papers that one of the MPs said little can be done, only mediation... in my case, my husband did the ultimate: he had a complete meltdown and yelled at our neighbor (irony is that he used to be a police officer, he would know the law) and he never, ever dared smoke in the corridors again (he smokes downstairs now).. not that I recommend what he did... it damaged the years of neighborly friendliness as he stopped talking to us at all.. but at least we dun have to put up with the lousy second hand smoke that was coming into our flat anymore 😂

Read more

I also have smoker neighbours and they will go away when I look at them when smoking outside. A while later, they will move away and clear up. Few days later, history repeats. Their bicycle laid on each sides of parapet makes it difficult for people to move too. How to catch every hour and every day?

Read more

Secretly take photo - act like you’re checking the top of your phone and make sure your flash is off. Make sure where you stand is also away from your unit. Send to NEA, report anonymously.

Fully support you to report him - it is illegal and he is being inconsiderate and causing harm to your health.

Super Mum

Report to NEA. Technically they need to catch the person in the act, but at least report first.

VIP Member

report to NEA so they could take action to warn or fine them