abused

My husband slapped me hard while I'm pregnant right now. What should I do? Currently 4 mths pregnant. I want to get away from him. Once he did it, he will always do it.

40 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Oh dear! Is this the first time? I would suggest you to call help lines and talk to them about what actually happen. Forgive him once and have a good talk. Hear him out as well. O hope it will work out and no more next time. If he continues to be violent or to show signs of attack its best to stay away from him for your own safety. The hotline to call could maybe provide a counseller or person to meditate the situation. For now, maybe stay away, just text time and say u want to have a good talk with him and what he did was wrong. Meet in public...

Read more
VIP Member

In what case he behaved so ?? Every time is he same ? Just think before taking decision . Now u r not alone , so do good talk with him .. a good talk will help to rectify the problem.. I know u r in frustration this time , just b calm for now n talk to him as u r giving a precious gift to him why he is so aggressive.. if u still feel the same talk to ur parents what to do ? 1 single misstep wil curse u life long so just think about 10 times before anything do , coz it’s ur life matters ..

Read more

Leave!! If he can do it once he WILL do it again. I got out of an abusive relationship that lasted 16 years because I thought he can and will change, which he did but just not enough. There'll always be that temper and shadow of violence in some way or the other. YOU DON'T WANT to put your baby through this so find help. You'll need support so get it from family and friends etc.... All the best and take care of yourself and your baby. Big hugs

Read more

Does he do that to you before marriage or before preg? Divorce and pack go back to your parent. If your parent not in Sg please call helpline or police. He will do it again. Cannot give chance or the next wan will be harder. Leave when he is not ard or make a call to police and wait for police to bring you out of the hse. Otherwise he will hit you again if u try to leave or lock u in the hse. That's even worse.

Read more

Leave dear now. If he can hit you, what will stop hit from hitting you when your due or when your child is born and new blood to hit. Leave, get a lawyer and make a police report now. Slowly pack your stuff and start dropping off at your parents place, then one day just say your going out and then leave

Read more
VIP Member

Let things cool down. He will apologise himself tell him not to do it again as its hurting you and baby. Dont take decisions when you're angry. Your baby needs daddy too. There are good moments you both have shared remember that. There's up and down in life. It's not worth leaving for a slap.

Super Mum

Im not trying to add salt but is there a reason on why he slapped u? If it has been going on and on, u should be talking to ur parents and his parents by now. Get ppo. True, nowadays every ladies wou ld say, men shouldn't lay a hand on women. But depands on situation and reasons too.

Read more

For the sake of baby, stay strong. Talk to your family & his family. Don't keep it to yourself. He needs to know that someone is aware of this situation or else he might lay hands on you again. Stay firm. Warn him not to lay hands on you again.

I won’t be selfish to ask you to stay for the sake of the child. I was in an abusive marriage myself. My husband used knife to point at me when I was 6 months pregnant. I called the police and had a PPO

Sorry to hear that. Sending love whatever you decide. But under any circumstances don’t let yourself in dangerous position. Seek family or professional help if needed.