Ranting only

My husband, many times I told him let me be alone when I'm stress, quiet or angry. I'm a human and I need to express my emotion too. Our space is small I have no where to hide myself to vent my emotion. He took everything to himself. He always think my target is him when I'm angry or scolding. He expect me to be soft spoken all the time, well behaved and control temper. I'm a human. Can't I have own emotion? He said I like to give instructions but if I don't give instructions he won't move or don't know what to do. my child has learning disability. I need to train him those daaily basic things so that he won't get laughed discriminated by schoolmates and teachers. I can't always be angel to everyone. I have my frustrations too. Can't he always put in his mind to take initiative to help, I don't want to keep saying and giving instructions. I'm tired.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel you. On many occasions when I tell my husband off, he will just reply me “I am like that.”. But when I replied the same thing to him, he finds that im unreasonable??? And when I asked him, why he can reply me that way and when I do the same he feel offended, he told me “So you trying to take revenge now?”. After my kid, I don’t bother anymore. Waste of breath and saliva. Don’t depend on your husband, if he wants to help, help. Don’t make your blood pressure rise. It feels as thou you no longer have the rights to have your emotions once you have a kid right? Like they always forgot we are only human too.

Read more

Usually I will stop talking or arguing when in anger. I either just ignore him or go for exercise to release my anger. And tell myself anger only spoil my day and it only affected me but nothing to him/her. After cooling down or the next day, I will tell him what I want it to be, how it is supposed to do or how he’s supposed to behave or how I feel when he do that. And I will tell him my expectation. And I will tell him if he can’t exactly do as my expectation at least respect my feelings and me and to avoid doing it.

Read more

Stay strong, calm and positive. See if there is a way you can calmly and objectively talk this over with your spouse. Raising a child with a learning disability will be very difficult for any parent and will need the both of you to be supporting and understanding of each other. Is there a local support group you can join? Close family or friends you can have a F2F 1:1 talk about this? You are not alone. My very best wishes to you

Read more
1y ago

thank you very much

VIP Member

Sorry mama. I feel you. For me I explain to my spouse that sometimes I need me time and time to be angry as well with no filters - and if I can’t be myself in my home then when can I ever be myself?

Hang in there mummy