Lucky baby

My husband and I are shuttling between my house and his house while waiting for our own flat. Now that I'm expecting, both sets of parents want to take care of my baby when it's born. What should I do? There doesn't seem to be any good solution that will make both sides happy... Stressed~

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

That's great to hear that both sides are so willing to offer help! However, it might be a wiser option to choose one place to settle down because babies (especially newborns and infants) need the sense of security and shuffling here and there may not be very good :/ Some things you could consider would be their parenting methods vs yours, health and living conditions, environment, space and convenience etc - depending on whether you'd be doing confinement/working, there are many factors you need to think about before choosing which side you'd like to stay :) After that, you can then talk to both sides on your decision and make compromises here and there - eg. You could stay at your family's side and bring your child to visit your husband's on the weekends (or vice versa), or maybe see if both sides are even willing to work together (eg. your parents could go to your in-laws when they need help) etc.

Read more