Husband discourages me to work full time even home-based because he doesn't want my life tied to work. He will only allow me if I'll put up a business or join seminars for additional skills but says no to me being employed. We have a child and I already asked my mother to look after her if Im at work, but this is the cause of our argument. He feels that his responsibility of being a provider might be robbed. Is this true for some or almost of you?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Being employed kasi means you'll be tied up to your employer, so every time you both have work on holidays, weekends, and overtime.... You'll call your mother or fight with your husband if he can babysit and absent. So next time, dyan nyo na patitirahin mother mo at ang next problem niyo is bakit nakiki elam ang mother niyo in your lives. If you have the capacity to make a business, it's better kasi hawak mo oras mo with child but if wala, you can make an argument that what he brings to the family is not enough and we have to work both. Also, did he say in words na you're robbing him of his responsibility as provider? Or nasabi mo lang as your point of view? it depends on you also (not just money) If you feel you want to be a hands on mom, or do corporate again.... but it's better this kinds of goals are talked to with the husband before and after.

Magbasa pa