My husband comes late in the night and my daughter doesn't sleep till the time he is back. Even if I forcibly pat her to sleep, she would wake up when my husband comes. This really have make her routine go haywire. How do I make her sleep?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think if she anyway wakes up when her father comes then you must make her sleep in the afternoons so that if she is not able to have an uninterrupted sleep at night then at least she would have the quota of her sleep met by sleeping during the day. But, I understand your point that night sleep is very important for a kid's development. I think you should tell your husband that when he comes back, he must do things as quietly as possible so that your daughter doesn't wake up. You guys can have two keys so he doesn't ring the bell when he is back, or else he pings on your phone, which you must keep on vibration mode. I think this would work well, as if there is no noise in the hoe, her sleep would not be disturbed.

Read more

This behaviour clearly indicates that she is missing her father.Since he goes to work the whole day she does not get time with him and thus tries to get get a little time with him at night. Do not worry she will outgrow this phase in time. If you can put her to sleep in the afternoon for a couple of hours so that she gets the required hours of sleep for a child. Then even if she wakes up in the night when her dad comes home it's ok.

Read more

It's her love for her dad. She yearns for his attention. Your husband needs to focus a little on her. Shes growing up fast. Before he knows it, she will be in her teens where she will be busy chatting on her mobile and you and ur husband will run behind her for attention. This routine and this job will remain the same years from now. But these beautiful years will not come back. So set priorities...

Read more

It's alright for some time as your baby really wants to play with her father :) There's no harm in letting her play with him and then going back to sleep again. In fact, it will give your hubby and baby some good time to bond. Just make sure you give her her naps in the day.