husband bought new phone

My husband bought I phone 11 pro max using the baby bonus money, as he insisted that he really need to change his old I phone X when there is absolutely nothing wrong with his phone. I dont even dare to use the baby bonus money unless it's an emergency case. Is it fair for me?

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

This should be discussed between the two of you. The fund is for your baby. How can he go off and use it for his own benefit? Marriage is all about mutual love, trust and respect. Should you fail to keep these important values, how are you going to live out your married life? It cannot be one way. It has to be mutual agreement in decisions.

Read more
VIP Member

Put aside fair or not, but personally I think he shouldnt use the baby bonus money for his personal belonging, what's more it is for a new phone despite his current phone is in good condition. Baby bonus money should be use wisely on baby's stuff. Raise a child is not cheap, should start saving as early as possible.

Read more

This seems a touch selfish. It's the sort of discussion that would have already happened and been a agreed upon. However, it's too late now and I would look on the bright side and think about all the lovely photos and videos you can now take and then share on here! 😁

He shouldve discussed with you. Raising a child is expensive hence every dollar counts. Maybe you'd want to raise the issue of financial priorities to your husband and make sure the both of you are on the same page, for the better of everybody

VIP Member

Tell him the importance of saving now for the baby . And this baby bonus money is meant for baby necessities on diapers , milk powder etc . Getting a expensive phone is a desire and not a must unlike providing for the baby is a must .

Why would you even bother if it's fair for you? Nothing in this world is fair. If u are bitter about it, go ahead use the money buy a Samsung fold. Nobody would blame you.. Love is supposed to be unconditional to whoever.

Sorry to say. He is too irresponsible, if he needs a new phone he should work for it. Not use the baby bonus unless he can make sure that he is going to pay for baby's expenses.

Should discuss about it what should do with the baby bonus. For us baby money is for baby shower and baby stuffs. Collected money all give baby. Because baby stuff so expensive.

Everyone has different things they would spend/splurge money on.. but being the baby bonus, it does seem a bit unreasonable. I would get upset if in your situation.

VIP Member

The money is meant for baby..and to be honest, its not even enuf eh.. consider using it very wisely..