My husband is a big flirt. He doesn't leave any opportunity of flirting with women even when I am around. When I confront him he says its all in fun and nothing serious. But I get hurt by this behavior. Am I overreacting?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I guess, you need to speak to him if it is hurting you, as you mentioned. Since, he is your husband, you would know his nature better, do you think, he is actually interested in other women and if he gets a positive response from the woman, he will take his flirting forward or he is a casual flirt, who likes to have fun? I don't know sadly to share this or feel okay about it, but my husband too is a kind of flirt. He is not like out an out flirt, he probably has a good sense of humour and when it is shared with other women, it appears that he is flirting. I do not show my dislike, because he doesn't over do it, he knows his limits. I also think that if your husband has a flirtatious nature then your budging in or your showing your disgust will only make him not that if font of you, which I guess is more unhealthy for your relationship. Because in that case you would not even come to know who he might have come close to in the process, or where to keep a check on him. The thing you can do is tell him that flirting is fine, but he over does it at times. You can just cook up a story of the woman he must have flirted with that she spoke to you in a derogatory manner about his behaviour in a subtle way. He of course would not go clarifying and perhaps he would check himself and draw a line where he should stop. First, you have to make him realise that in the name of just fun, he is over doing it all. http://www.manturity.com/2015/03/10/5-ways-to-keep-your-husband-from-flirting-with-another-woman/ http://www.eharmony.com/dating-advice/relationship-advice/married-to-a-flirt/#.V5I5F85UST8

Read more

okay, i am sorry if you are getting hurt, but do you feel threatened somehow when he flirts, or do you think he is actually just doing it in good fun? flirting can also be healthy flirting, which is an extremely mature thing to do. it is often a harmless thing where your partner may do it to get a kick, to tease you and to just enjoy some light moments with the person he is flirting with. if you feel insecure or hurt, do tell him so. if he has not given any reason to doubt him, i guess some harmful flirting could be okay, no?

Read more

Male perspective here! What do you mean by flirting? If it's just joking and laughing around and he is a jokey kind of guy then its jut part of his nature and natural - and would be more unnatural to stop this. (For context, my wife calls me a natural flirt but knows its part of me, unintentional and harmless - and tells me it would be weird if I changed myself as it's part of what she loves about me). BUT... if its more serious then have a serious word and potentially seek professional help.

Read more

No is not over, it’s normal to feel hurt with tihs, you need to talk with him and if he never can chang for you that mean he doesns’t care your feeling, and shoud you ask yourself that you are happy to be with him like this?....... he have to care feelling like you do to him too

VIP Member

If he loves you, and you confronted him that you are hurting, he should do some changes to make you feel that you are special to him, that he loves you so much, that he will do nothing to make you doubt his love for you.. He must change..😊

No you’re definitely not. From the moment he chose to marry you, he has taken an oath to faithfully and dutifully carried out his duties as a Husband to take care, love and cherish you forever!

No... you are perfectly normal. Your hub is just covering up with an excuse. Have a talk with him and you have to highlight that te behavior is unacceptable and he is not being respectful to you

Just have a talk with him, my girlfriend had a talk with me about talking with other girls, i understood where she was coming from. Everything is better in our relationship.

You are not overreacting. If your husband really loves you, he should make you feel special and exclusive too.

He should respect you and other woman. It's not a valid excuse that it's nothing serious. Kaloka.