My husband is being a total pain. He doesn't help out with the chores at home and only proactively cares for lo in public. At home, everything is again thrust onto my lap. When i gently remind him to help out, he says tt i am nagging. When I demand that he helps, he says tt i have an attitude. I honestly can't take it anymore. Don't know if it is the hormones but i feel like I am falling out of love with him! Anyone feels / have felt the same before? Any good advice?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This reminds me of my days living with 3 roomies, where one didn't go out ever to get groceries and stuff. I used to get most of the times cuz I didn't like the cook always complaining for no stock. We wanted to sort this somehow so we made a simple schedule - weekly each person buying/doing things. And if someone fails to, you have a sheet to point at and the "person cannot disagree". Guess you can try that. And talk about doing it this way with your hubby and he'll automatically feel he is doing something wrong.

Read more

Man just don't like us to tell them what to do and it will become like what u said about nagging and giving attitude. if i m, i will tolerate for a few days and along the way i will say softly that my back is aching or try to stretch in front of him. few days later, find a quiet time and lie on his chest and gently complain that i m feeling sad becos of the work. make the man feel guilty and he will understand better. soft approach works for me!!! maybe u can try!

Read more

Try coming up with a schedule and divide the chores up. Print it out and have it somewhere he can see. Instead of nagging, you can simply refer him to the schedule to remind him that certain chores have not been completed. Of course, he must first agree to dividing the tasks up first and perhaps let him choose (from a list) what he would do. Not sure if this would help but probably worth a try. ;)

Read more

l had same experience just few month ago. And we really in a cold war for few days over this. But l sat down to discussed with him after few days. Seriously, if you do not tell him how tired of you in doin all the house chores, he wouldn't understand. l believe have a good talk with each other to share out your feeling, he should be understand. Be patient and have a good talk with him.

Read more
8y ago

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Maybe you wanna find time have a heart to heart talk with him. Let him know your issues and try to resolve them. Not talking about them might make things worst. If he's those who don't like doing chores, financial allows, maybe you might wanna consider hiring a part-time helper. In that case lessen your burden and you can spend more quality time with your LO.

Read more

haha my hubby also the same ... house work or kids home work he won't bother sometime even scolding the kids also he won't help but I tell myself ... he I the kind of father that belong to the 80s ... father responsibilities is to work hard to earn to money to give the family good life ... maybe u should this way n u will feel better ... be positive

Read more

Happens to me too! Dont know why they wanna act when outside only. Making a list doesnt works for me. I dont think i nag though i will repeatedly tell him and make him use his brain till he thinks im right. I didnt wash his clothes for a week after that he beg me to wash for him. Soft approach does work. Or best you seduce him

Read more

Ask him to come up with a chore list he thinks is fair. Tell him you are open to any division of labour but let him take the lead on what he should do and what you should do. This is so you don't come across as bossy. No one likes a bossy pants ;) and it will seem like he's the one in charge.

I think you have to slowly talk to your husband by slowly manage simple chores for him. Hard to say some guy they don't have the heart to do all those. But you can try by telling him I mop the floor you sweep the floor ok. :D

Stop doing chores for a few days and see how he reacts. Someone usually misses the water when it's gone.