Hungry ghost festival is almost here - what are the things you should not do?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Always pin or tie up your hair as high as possible. Don't cover your forehead. Don't open your umbrella at night, especially red color type Don't wear red colour clothes with high heels and walk alone at night Don't pick up any unique items found on the street or road Don't stand under a tree in the middle of the night

Read more

Don't hang out late. Come home before sunset. Don't spit in the street or tree Don't enter cemetery Don't enter abandoned houses Don't stare at the candlelight or burning fire Don't step or kick the offering items / joss sticks along the road

Read more
4y ago

i accidently step on offering paper today and i in my 31 weeks. i scared anything happened to my unborn. what should i do?

I will follow some myths ... like dun step or kick on the offering item n joss sticks ... other than that I will still go out as per normal day .... just make sure we teach them the right things like wat Cindy Lee say to be repeactful .

Personally I don't have any restrictions on what I should not do. However, my parents in law told me not to bring my lo out throughout the month. Need to stay indoors even in the daytime.

I will try not to stay out late especially with kids. Most importantly not step on any offerings; otherwise you will have to bear the consequences.

Don't hang out clothes at night as it'll " trap " them inside when passing by Put slippers / shoes in one facing up & another facing down

8y ago

If I'm not wrong is having a balance between the yin and the yang

I think most importantly do not step on the offerings. Educate the young ones to be repesctful too. Better be cautious then sorry!

Dun stay out too late especially with kids. Avoid waterplay/swimming.

Avoid road trips overseas, esp during e holidays