How will u react when mil tells u to feed ur 8mth old baby fries? Wad stupidity! Angry max!

33 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Been in the same situation before. It was so annoying but she gave up after i kept repeating myself like a broken record. I just said that my baby's stomach cant take such things and those are instructions from the dr. Dont let things like this get to you ok. You are the mother and you decide how your child is raised.

Read more

my mil is the same, trying to teach me how to care for my lo and said she fed her kids the same etc no problem. i told her doctor say no she still Challenge n say doctor not good is can feed salty food etc. everytime talk to my mil i vomit blood

VIP Member

Can tell her nicely :) Back then during our childhood times were not so strict on food restriction. Nowadays parents are more cautious on food nutrition. That's why there are many can & can't that older generation might not aware of :)

Maybe you would like to discuss with your spouse about the situation first. It is always better to discuss with the spouse rather then straight "go to the war field". It saves your sanity and "long term relationship".

All I can say is to each its own. There is no right or wrong. But everyone have their own school of thought and we need to respect that. Just so that everyone can live in harmony. Don't take it too hard la.

My mil always want to put salt and soy sauce on my toddler foods. But she herself doesn't even want to eat foods with salt or sugar at all. Yes no salt and sugar at all. So why is she giving my toddler salt?

I will say "NO! It's super unhealthy!" and then lecture my baby that he cannot eat fries ok, because it's no good Generally my in-laws are not imposing. I am not overbearing but dominant definitely :P

Probably will be too stunned like vegetable to react to such nonsense. But will try to keep my baby away from her (cos she doesn’t sound very sane) in case she tries feeding fries to my girl herself!

Say no , starred at hubby if he's there .And let hubby do the job LOL.. unless hubby are those protective towards mum.. then I will definitely voice out by myself for the sake of my baby

tell your hubby to tell his mom off!!!! my MIL is like this too my bb only 3mth she already telling me once 6mths she want to cook porridge and put SALT. CRAZY