How are you raising/planning to raise your children? It would be helpful if you can share some actionable strategies.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Raising a child isn't something that can be planned, the only thing we can do is to be better prepared for things! I'd say that I'm taking it a day at a time, but making sure my son is happy everyday - ultimately my goal is to raise him to be happy with what he has, to do/pursue things he loves and to be able to express himself well :) Of course, on top of that comes the basic manners, etiquette, behavior and empathy! As for parenting, I practice peaceful parenting with my son, you can read more about it here: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/peaceful-parents-happy-kids/201601/12-tips-transition-peaceful-parenting

Read more

Actually, we did not have a plan. To us, each child is different, we bring them up according to their learning method. Both my husband any myself aren't good in academically and learning our knowledge/skillset via self-study. Hence, we believe in cultivating a Love of Learning and follow the cue of our girls. We only send them for classes that they requested. For me personally, I believe in empowering them so I normally let them decide what they want for themselves and guide them from the side. If really have to talk about a plan, that will be bringing them up without any gender bias.

Read more
7y ago

This is what I did with them. https://parenttown.com/q/how-raise-child-without-gender-bias/31998

VIP Member

i felt it depends on ur own values. for me, i had been rather strict at first and slowly i let go because my girl knows how to express herself and understands more. i felt we should be flexible as parenting is unique

VIP Member

i would focus on well-being and being happy for them! once they go to school, i will see what's their interest before going deeper into that interest and make it into a passion for them

VIP Member

no plans, go with the flow, be stress free. I will choose to let him have a splendid childhood, have the best memories, play and be loved!

We raise our kids according to the moment. No plans will be fool proof. You can only take it as it comes.

We don't have a plan. We are constantly learning and adjusting. Most importantly the child is happy.