How often do you allow your kids to play outdoors?

32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As often as she wants! I believe as long as it's away from gadgets and it involves her interacting with other kids, running and playing healthly, I wouldn't mind bringing her out even if I am tired. When she was younger, it was a habit of us to bring her down to the park nearby to tire herself out at the playground. Now that she's older, she goes to the park and plays with friends from either school or our neighbours. I grew up playing outdoors everything and have form tons of childhood friends so I wish for my daughter to do the same too.

Read more

As much as i can, as i am working with my inlaws, making us to be at work almost everyday. I hardly have the time to bring my boys out. I almost made sure i let my younger son (1yo) to have some morning sun before we leave for work together. I will try to make time out every weekend for at least 1 hour of outdoor play for my elder son. so he can have his share of sweaty fun

Read more

During vacation time I allow my kids to play outdoors in the morning and late afternoon. This is just a good time for them to play but not burn under the heat of the sun. I prefer them to do real play rather than seeing them all day on their gadgets. On school days, I allow them to play after class as long as they do their homework and study well, I have no objection.

Read more

Studies show that children who spend more time outside are generally healthier, more active and in turn, happier. If I could, I'd raise my child in a place near some nature (a park, a nature reserve) so that they can enjoy the outdoors. Growing up, I wasn't as active and playing outdoors as much as I'd like to so I would want the reverse for my child :)

Read more

As much is possible. Playing outdoors is what I have grown up doing and it is the best and only form of physical exercise a kid can have. Nowadays, outdoor play is taken over by the use of phones, video games, television... so I prefer to take my kid to play in the ground as much as possible. Generally, in the evenings and spend 2 hours there.

Read more

Very seldom. The only time my kids play outdoor is when we go to a park nearby or around BGC area. I allow them to play in the open field however, I am still hesitant and worried to let them play outdoor as I feel they're still too young for it. I mostly bring them to indoor play houses instead.

Almost every parent I know try to bring their little ones out at least once a day. For babies, they will bring them to the parks in between their naps. For toddlers, usually the children will have their time at the playgrounds in the evening or during their daycare sessions.

I try to let my kids play outdoor once a day. Depending on the weather and also homework . My son is in P1 and in the PM session. Tough to find the time to go outdoor to play. :( Outdoor activities is really good for kids. They sleep better to! Nature is the best teacher !

I will bring them out often, nowadays kids have less time to go outdoor because of schooling, homework, enrichment or other lesson to attend, I want them to enjoy outdoor play with peers expose with sun and sweat, also another way to release stress!

both my kids play for at least an hour or hour and a half outdoors each day through the week. on weekends it is not always possible as we go out, but even then we try and get them outdoors time as much as we can.