Do you allow your kids to play gadgets/ipads often? If so, for how long?

32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I'm not proud of it, but we're working on it! I try my best not to give my son any screen time, but sometimes it's the only thing that appeases him because my parents are the kind who throws him YouTube and watches their own shows/mobile games - my parents even have a phone specifically just for him to watch his shows, but I have been hiding it so that they aren't able to give it to him. He's 25 months old now, and it's fine on days that he goes to childcare - we keep our phones away when he comes home so he doesn't see it, and we engage in play time with him. But on days that he doesn't have school or when he's sick, he has a radar for mobile phones. I use my phone to do work and he understands, but as soon as he sees my parents' phone lying around/in their hands, he'd start fussing for shows and watches for the next hour or two. It was a lot worse before, hence I said we're working on it - and being in childcare now helps to engage him in better play even at home :)

Read more

my preschooler had gotten addicted to both the Iphone and the Ipad at one point of time and always wanted to watch rhymes and so on. however, we realized it was turning into an addiction and she would only be happy when she had the gadgets on. we made her stop and as of now, she uses gadgets only on the weekends, that too not always, and at the most for an hour in an entire week. she is now 4.

Read more

i will not allow my kid to play on ipad alone if really wan we will together listen to songs . for awhile . mostly will just do some craft thing with them or play board game. i love it as good boanding time with kid and the time pass fast here are some idea http://www.friso.com.sg/learning-and-experiences/emotional-strength/making-a-family-tree-with-your-child.html

Read more
VIP Member

i am abit more strict than the daddy. the kids are with me on weekdays... i dont give them any screen time. but when the dad comes home... he ill let them play 30 to 1 hr.. when they are fed... i will let them play only on the weekends 2 hrs thw most.... but depends if they behave... if not i will geound them from even watching on th tv

Read more

Rarely on ipads/phones.I prefer TV as screen time so my child wouldnt have to strain their eyes. Usually about 15 mins while i get ready for work before sending him to school as i am his main caregiver after my husband goes to work and another 30 mins during dinner time so me and my husband can have dinner peacefully

Read more

my 4 year old now uses it on some weekends but not more than 30 minutes at a stretch and a maximum of an hour through the entire week. my 10 year old uses it for may be 2 hours on some weeks when she has assignments for which she needs to check things on the gadget apps.

2 year old- don't really allow him to play though sometimes I show him photos on my phone and my parents show him abit of videos but it's not a habit .... no regular screen time. He's also not interested in watching much TV...

noon pinababayaan ko lang anak ko mag gadget.kaya lang napansin nmin nag oiba ugali nia.kya tinanggal n nmin gadget nia.kaya mas nakakapaglaro cia ng like kitchen set,dolls nia.unlike dati gadget lagi hawak nia.

5y ago

text

Limited lang. Pero hanggat maaari we don't let her play with ipad nor our phones. We just let her bring out all the toys from her cabinet and play with them along with her books.

We don't let my daughter play with gadgets alone. In the evening, we watch different animal videos or songs for 15mins as part of our daily lesson.