where do the kids play?

Do you allow your kids to play anywhere in your house or you do have playroom for them?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My son plays everywhere! We close the gate at the kitchen and rooms that are out of bounds without supervision, so he's usually only allowed in the living room and our room for playing alone. Majority of his toys are in the living room, but the "messier" ones like building blocks, cooking toys and foam alphabets are kept in a shelf and has to be played with us! When we play with him, we go to my parents' room too, sometimes we do messy sensory play in the bathroom, but usually kitchen is out of bounds to him because he grew taller and started opening all the cupboards!

Read more

My children do not have playroom and their toys are kept in cupboard in the living room. Thus, most of the time they will be playing in the living room. For baking and science experiment activities, I allow them to stay in the Kitchen under my supervision. If you have extra room for your kids to play, it is a good idea to have a separate room for children to play inside.

Read more

My cousin allows her children to play anywhere within the house except for the toilets and kitchen. However, since most of the children's toys are in the living room, they spent most of their time playing there. The other rooms are utilized whenever they play hide and seek. The kitchen and toilets are out of bounds to them (without supervision) for safety reasons.

Read more

I will let my childs go and play Wollongong Ball Pit Hire and these type of places is super cool for kids. If you're in Wollongong area then you can try here : https://bambolinissoftplay.com.au/

Anywhere! I just make sure that rooms that arent safe for her are locked like the bathroom and my son’s room (full of legos)

We don't have a playroom yet for them, so they play either in the bedroom or in living room. They just have a storage for all their toys.

VIP Member

I let my children play in a designated area where we keep all their toys, gadgets and books.

I have a play space. They never seem to play there, so ended up they play everywhere.

VIP Member

anywhere as long it's safe and away from sharp objects or poisonous stuff.

Realistically everywhere in the house with supervision of course.