How much do you expect your husband to earn ?

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I don't have any high expectations. I've always been supportive even when my husband did had some difficulty in financial issues. I'll cheered him up, and told him "We're in this together." I even volunteered to help him out. I'm pregnant with our first child, and I am aware that a child expenses is no joke. After all the ups and downs, my child needs such as bed, strollers, toys etc) are now completed. It's more than enough actually 😅 I believe that as a women, I have to stand on my feets too. I don't want to use my husband money for my wants thus I'll use it for our child instead. I'll work and earn to get what I want.

Read more

I don't think I have any expectation. In fact, I used to earn more than him. To me, as long as he bring his share home I am fine with that. Money is never enough when you earn more you tend to spend more. This is what I have learn after being a SAHM. I never managed to save much when we both are working but now living on one income we tends to save more regularly and better.

Read more
Super Mum

Like to reference to some of the key philosophies fr Rich Dad Poor Dad. If u ask a low wage blue collar worker if his salary enuf, he will tell u it's not. If u ask a high wage professional, he will similarly tell u it's not. Conclusion: everyone's lifestyle n spending needs would b adjusted accordingly to their realistic situation. Unless u get out of the rat race...

Read more

Dont Expect him to earn a certain $X amount... when he earned less, I continued to work. When he earn more, we made the decision for me to be a SAHM to bring up the kids. Maybe I will find work again next year, Not really for the added income but cos I'm kind of bored as a SAHM. Anyway we are a team and we make it work.

Read more

Is always important to support your husband! Like we always said, wife is the woman behind a successful husband! He might not be earning much now but circumstance will change! Just like my hubby used to earn lesser and now he surpassed me earning way lot more than me. They just need the right opportunity!

Read more

Have never actually thought of putting a number to it because as Long as both of us play a part in contributing, that’s all that matters. As Long as we are comfortable enough such that we don’t have to worry about having enough to feed the family

Hubby works for a start up so he has equity in the company. I don't expect him to be the only one to shoulder responsibility. For me it's equally my job. Our household expenses is about 8-9k a month. So need to Ensure we cover that

I dun marry my husband with the expectation that he is earning/shd earn $x every mth. I married him cos I love him and we will manage our expenditure according to what we are both earning and can afford AS A TEAM.

I don't know what this society has become, is like we took a step backward somehow. Marriage is not about money. You married out of love. Regardless he or she is richer or poorer than you.

Read more

No expectation, nobody will complain they earn too much. As long as we both can work together to sustain a family, have savings and emergency funds, that’s good enough.