How long does it take for babies umbilical cord stump to drop off?

33 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

A baby’s umbilical cord will gradually drop off within a week. In the meantime, keep it clean and dry at all times. Simply dampen a cotton wool or bud with cooled boiled water to clean the cord. Clean in an upwards motion from the base and changing to a new clean piece after each bath or when it is wet. Information taken from: http://www.kkh.com.sg/HealthPedia/Pages/PregnancyAfterGoingHome.aspx

Read more
VIP Member

It takes about two weeks for the umbilical cord stump to dry out and fall off. My baby's stump fell out when she was 4 days old. In the meantime, ensure that it is kept clean and dry. Some people recommend using cord spirit, but I just wiped it with a wet cloth. http://sg.theasianparent.com/bathing_your_baby_melissa_lau/

Read more

mine more than a week. it became inflamed then it got bigger. then I noticed blood stain on my baby's clothes so I went to ed out of panic. it was nothing unusual for such cases to happen.. Just clean with alcohol. swab, keep diaper off the area and it will. fall off.

It depends, for some babies, the umbilical cord stump fall off in the first week of birth, in my own case, my baby's own fall off in the second week. All you need to do is to keep it dry and should not be induced to fall compulsorily. Anytime it falls off is good.

for both my kids, it fell off within the first week itself, though it can generally take up to 2 weeks as well in some babies. while it is still there, make sure you keep the area clean by wiping it very gently with a damp cotton.

The guide is about 2weeks. But mine dropped off within a week. Aways keep the area dry and do not touch or disturb it.

Maximum 2 weeks.. But mine it took a week.. Doctor advised don't give the baby shower before it drops off

My first born was 1 week my 2nd born was 3 days i cleaned it every time I changed nappies

OoloiexxbdswsdzxxGbqx I’m no bbc rh vt akdvo kdzrreln

any advice what to do on crying baby between 11pm-5am?