How can I encourage my baby to crawl? He is 8m and seems to have a very passive personality. If his toys are out of reach, he will try to extend his hands to reach but if cant he will just settle without them. tried all mthds to put his fave toys nearer/ further away and not pick out toys for him but none works. He also doesn't pass objects from hand to hand & dislike holding on objects. the only thing he can hold really well is his milk bottles during feeds. Any one face similar situation too? The pd doesn't seems very worried about it but I am!

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try something else to interest him? Demonstrate to him or hold his hand and rehearse with him? And clap and sound v happy for him?

VIP Member

I think you shouldn't worry much, baby is still learning and will pick up his own pace as time goes by. keep encouraging though!

some crawl some skip crawling stage. don't worry. you should only worry if baby does not stand or walk after 1 year old.

VIP Member

I encourage them by showing it to them... or find his favorite toy/pillow/any item to persuade them to crawl to reach..

VIP Member

It could be just his personality! My boy didn’t crawl much too and went straight to walking.

VIP Member

Don't worry about crawling! Both my boys skipped crawling totally! it's perfectly normal too.

Read more
7y ago

Hi, can i know which mth does your both boys took his first steps independently? my boy now is 14m and he did the tummy crawl at 11m. he only walk if we hold his 2 hands if we let go 2 hand he refused to walk.

I cheer & clap loudly. Keep praising him & make exaggerates motion

VIP Member

i encourage mine by putting remote controllers 🤣