My 9m baby is still not holding on toys with 2 hands and even with one hand he is unable to hold toys bigger than his palms. But no issues with those small toys like rattles, spectacles etc that are easy to grab. He does hold milk bottle with both hands during feeds but other than that he refuses to hold the bottle. Do u think I need to be concerned ? As for other milestones, he can roll and sit well and stand leaning on sofa for support but not yet crawl. Character wise he is very laid back

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's important to remember that every child develops at their own pace, and there's a wide range of "normal" when it comes to developmental milestones. At 9 months, some babies may have already started using both hands to grasp toys, while others might still be working on their fine motor skills. If your baby is having difficulty holding onto toys with two hands or managing larger toys, it's not necessarily a cause for concern. It's a good idea to consult with your pediatrician for https://medium.com/@marsha.moses/academized-reviews-the-best-writing-platform-2023-9d6915015697 guidance and reassurance. Continue to provide your little one with age-appropriate toys and plenty of opportunities to explore and develop those essential motor skills. Every child is unique, and they'll reach these milestones in their own time.

Read more

Every baby develops at different rate. I think you need not be too worried given that he is able to grab things and hold his bottle. He may have "allocated" more resources to developing other skills (like rolling and standing, which perhaps seemed more interesting to him). Give him some time. In the meantime, simply provide him with toys of different shapes and sizes to help encourage him to develop this skill. :)

Read more

I wouldnt be worried if he has reached all the necessary milestones. The big items might be too heavy for him to hold hence the interest to hold, is not there. Go slow, all babies are different. Some walk faster some slower. When the baby is ready, he will surprise you with all the things that you are worried.

Read more