Baby always clenching right hand

Is it normal for 2 months+ baby to always clench fist so much? Especially his right hand, always clenching. He can unclench his left hand tho. So when we want to reach out to the hanging toys, he still not able to hold it as his fist is clenched. He doesnt look like in pain or hungry etc. i tried to open his hand cs i stressful see him always clenched 😂 also tried massaging his hand then he will clench back

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi ~ my boy was somehow like this too. Also the right hand. We did check with his physiotherapist but apparently they didn’t find anything wrong after checking him. So I guess sometimes babies tend to do things like this out of habit? Do continue monitoring him though, we also did the hand massages daily too and give him bigger/thicker toys to grasp and stimulate his right hand. However, I would suggest to consult your baby’s dr or therapist for the peace of mind 😌

Read more

i tend to think it could be a preference thing, I.e. being right-handed. my girl likes to use right hand more, and now has only learned to roll to the right side. I try to put more attractive toys on her left side so she practices that side as well.