How do I balance both sides supply? My left boob is producing more than my right. My right usually produces only half of my left or sometimes even lesser. I've tried direct latching, power pump, taking lactation cookies, taking milo, taking milk products, taking more fluids, even hand expressing and it's still not increasing. It's somehow affecting my daily supply. Although I still have enough for my lo now.

Post image
4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My supplies for my right are usually half of my left. Unless I don't DL on the right, the amount will be the same. Right side bm will always be thicker thus usually not alot compared to the left which is usually thinner. However, to avoid any worries that the supplies for the right is slipping downhill, do your checks for blocks and clogs, warm compress before pumping and see if it helps.

Read more

Your left breast produces more milk probably because you tend to feed your baby on that side more, and your body senses that. To balance it out, you could try feeding your baby more on your right side. Though if you have enough milk for your baby, this shouldn't be an issue, that's totally normal. :)

Read more
8y ago

I'm a ep mommy. Only when I'm out I'll DL.

Yes true Shanelle, it is normal to have milk more on one side. That is because we feed and latch baby more on that side. It will be tough to try balance both breast supply out. What you could do, is to time your feeding times per side. See if that helps.

Sorry out of topic. Can i know wat bottle are u using for your spectra pump?

8y ago

I'm using Cimilre F1. This is the bottle that comes with the pump :)