1 Replies

3yo na si kuya (firstborn) nung dumating si bunso. Planned pregnancy naman pero I was also worried. During pregnancy, pag tinanong si kuya ay gusto naman daw nya ng baby. I kept showing him pics and videos nung baby pa sya-- explaining how helpless and needy sya as a baby, and that ganun rin si bunso paglabas nya. Pero iba pa rin pag nandyan na, mahirap pa rin talaga, lalo na nung "4th trimester". Between me with my hormones, the newborn adjusting in the outside world, and kuya getting used to a new member of the family, stressed kaming lahat. Madalas kami mag-away ni kuya. I'd say just give it some time ☺️ After 3 months, I'd say nakapag-adjust na kaming lahat and it definitely got better... Almost 6 months na si bunso ngayon, she and kuya both adore each other ☺️ Nung pregnant pa ko, I got an advise na between a toddler and newborn, choose the toddler daw dapat kasi nakakaintindi na and might feel abandoned unlike a newborn na wala pang alam. At first, that made sense to me so ginawa ko yun kahit mahirap kasi exclusively breastfeeding kami. But eventually, I realized na parang mali. Kasi even without bunso, we have been teaching kuya to wait when he needs something and we're busy, that he should try to figure things out on his own first before asking for help, etc. So parang mali at bakit biglang ngayon, he'll be prioritized over everything else, kahit na merong ibang tao that needs help more than him. I want to teach him patience and compassion and that style doesn't align with the lesson. Kaya I abandoned that "toddler first" style, and just went with the "who needs it more at the moment" approach ☺️ So far, it's working for us naman. It teaches kuya to wait and have compassion, while still feeling loved at the same time.

Related Questions

Trending na Tanong

Related Articles