How to deal with people who stare when you breastfeed in public places?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would take the high road. After all, you're not doing it to make a statement, you're doing it to nurture your child. People like that are part of the problem, and in time they'll fade away. But Don't let them get under your skin, and just do what you have to do as a loving, caring mother!

VIP Member

I would just ignore, focus on feeding my baby. If you engage in any way, you can't predict what the outcome will be - those people staring might feel prompted to say something unwelcome. So yup, like what everyone else has said here, just ignore them.

The best thing to do is not to mind them, especially if they're not attacking you or your baby. Breastfeed away! You're doing a great job in normalizing such a natural act.

Just ignore them. As long as they're not hostile towards you, it should be fine. Just let them stare and be proud about being a breastfeeding mom. Keep up the great work!

Let them stare and learn that what you're doing is what any other good, loving, and caring mothers do, and you're actually giving them a good example. :)

Ignore. The people who like staring will never change.