mealtime with baby

How do you cope when youre outside with baby having a meal? I find it hard for my hubby and i to eat outside as baby wants our attention when we are eating. Any tips and tricks?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

How old’s your baby? For my very young baby, in the past few months, I usually latch my LO on, supporting with one hand, then eat with my other hand. Haha. Then if my husband finishes eating first, he’ll carry baby while I eat. Now’s more challenging because we also have a toddler. So we have to juggle both kids + our own meals. We don’t use ipad/phones. My toddler is entertained by us talking to her. Now my baby’s 5.5 months, so she’s getting better at sitting in the high chair. We entertain her with baby books/toys. Basically, one hand is always occupied with the baby/toddler, then we use the other hand to eat. With some practice, it becomes easier. Haha

Read more

My baby is 3 months, and if he is sleeping in his stroller, we would quickly finish our food, cus he is like a timebomb that can wake up anytime. If he is not alseep and wants attention from us, we will take turns to eat. He will carry baby, until i finished my meal, and then he will pass to me for his turn to eat. Gone are the days where we can take our time haha!

Read more

How old is your baby? For my LO, we trained her to sit on highchair since young. We bought a stokke that allows infant to be attached to the highchair. So from the start, she’s used to watching us eat even though she’s not eating. So even when we are outside, she will sit in the stroller and not make any noise.

Read more
Super Mum

How old is your baby? Can your baby take solid yet? When my baby reaches 7-8 months, we will usually feed her when we are having our meals to keep her occupied.

VIP Member

usually my husband will eat very fast while I tend the baby, then when he finish, he will take the baby and let me have my meal.

Super Mum

My baby is 5 months plus