Preparing food for 8 months old

Mummies, when you bring your babies outside for meals, do you prepare any food from home for them? My baby is exclusively breastfed and on 2 solid food meals a day. We want to bring him out more often but we are worried he would fuss when we're outside and it's not always convenient to find a nursing room. Any advice or tips to share? When travelling with a baby, what's the best way to prepare food?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

for breastfeeding - nursing cover we recently travelled to Hong Kong with our 7mo baby. We packed dry rice cereal can just mix with milk. he had a lot of fruits during the trip. I brought along a mini grater & a baby masher bowl so that we can puree fruits on the go. can also feed plain bread. Store bought food pouches/jars, crackers are also great. HK has a serious lack of nursing rooms & diaper stations. so we did a lot of diaper changes in his stroller.

Read more
11mo ago

thanks for the tips! we are also considering hk as a destination. Wow, will definitely take note of the lack of nursing/diaper rooms. Would using a carrier be more convenient to get around in hk?

yes many mummies do. just cook at home and put in a thermos. how about using a nursing cover? when traveling, you can try dehydrated porridge (just need to add hot water to hydrate), or jar porridges, food pouches, fruits. there are many options out there.

Read more
11mo ago

thanks for sharing! I just ordered a thermos for my baby. Will try nursing with a cover, never done that before. It's just very inconvenient to have to hunt for nursing room while eating outside.