separation anxiety

Anybody here have separation anxiety from your child ? I find it hard not to think about my baby when having a date with my Husband and our conversation is all about the baby.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I too always feels that. But we as parents need our "me" times and our "couple" times as well. It's for keeping our self relax and of course strengthening our relationship with our partners. What I did is that I usually asked my mother to take care of our daughter and see to it that we'll not be gone too long. Find someone you trusted that could basically take care of your little one, it pays to have one. For me, since it's my mother I am at ease that she's taking good care of my daughter.

Read more

Definitely! That's me and my husband too. We used to drift to other talks -- friends, job-life, issues -- but eventually it was like a magnet pulling us back to the baby =)) Things are better now that she's a toddler -- we exhaust our talks about her first before moving on to other stuff ;)

Read more

Yes definitely! My prince is 19 months. Since birth I had never been away from him even for a few hours.. Only my husband and parents are allowed to take care of him but i still do check on him, I have to have him sleeping on the same bed as me else i will worry and will not sleep well!

Read more

Me. 24/7 thinking about my baby. Um, worst of all. I cant even relax when my husband is carrying him beside me while I am cutting my hair at the salon (the salon is empty as it is near closure time and it is absolutely clean without the usual hair dye/chemical smell).

VIP Member

High five. My life is pretty much baby or work these days. All talk with hubby is mostly baby talk. Thank god he's pretty baby crazy too

you are not alone! maybe it's normal with first time moms. is this your first baby? it's like you can't just get enough of your kid.